Honors English – Kelly Stacks
Our English courses are designed to build upon each other. We recommend students take the literature course that matches their writing and higher order thinking abilities.
This class is designed for the student who has less creative and/or formal writing experience. We combine lessons in writing, grammar, and other study skills to build a solid foundation for future writing and analysis. The literature will be slightly lighter than the other classes, in order to the focus on writing skills, but will be nonetheless thought provoking and analytical.
Recommended grades 9-11. Advanced 8th grade students that are 13 years old by the first day of class may also enroll in this class.
Writing: This course teaches students to
-master different sentence structures
-build strong paragraphs
-think creatively to craft their own works – creative and formal writing
-fine tune grammar and punctuation skills
-develop vocabulary for stronger word choices in their writing
-edit their own work
– experience different types of writing for academic and real world purposes.
Literature chosen will include short stories, new articles, poems, and plays along with novels. Before classes begin in August, a complete book list with specific ISBNs will be emailed to all enrolled.
In class, students will be held accountable with
-comprehension testing of works
Meets twice a week
Monday and Wednesday – 9:00 to 10:00
- Due at registration to Kelly Stacks – $90 ($25 “Tuition Deposit” + $65 “Supply Fee”) non-refundable, non-transferable
- Due at registration – $12 non-refundable “Facility Fee” made payable to Collide Church
- Due on July 1 – First Semester tuition – Tuition $150
- Due on November 1 – Second semester – Tuition $175